#IMMOOC 250 Word Challege: Strengths Based Systems

Some people call me a leader. Some people call me a rogue teacher. Which is it? Who decides?

I think I am a leader, but I do not want to be THE leader. I don't want to be in charge, but I want to share and push people's thinking and teaching and learning. It is my strength. Risk taking. Jumping in with both feet without a lot of perseverating on details, and then sharing my experience, my struggles, my successes, listening to feedback, and turning it around the next day or week or year.
In my strength, I feel like I could be so helpful to our organization at large. I'm just waiting to be tapped. I'm doing what I can to put myself out there, but I'm also waiting on someone to figure out what to do with me, in a sense.
Are our kids doing this? Are they sitting in class waiting for us to tap into their strength and show us their potential of what they can contribute to our classrooms? Are there other staff members waiting for someone on top to pick us out and give us a purpose?

Instead of wondering if someone is smart, wonder in what way they are smart. 
-Liz Wiseman

George Couros (@gcouros) author of Innovator's Mindset  mentions the book Multipliers, and this idea sticks with me to focus on strengths. How much trust could we build with the positive presupposition that everyone is smart in a way, and we just need to expose it? I'm a risk taker. And I am a leader. I decided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laying a Foundation with Kagan Heterogeneous Seating Groups

Be Flexible...Beyond the Workshop Model

#IMMOOC Dive Under the Iceberg