It's like riding a bike

Well, that was quite the hiatus. I truly wanted to start this blog and get some steam behind it. Then life happened. One year and one divorce later. I'm ready to come back to my plan. I'm getting up, brushing off my knees, adjusting my helmet, and getting back on this bike.

I have jotted down some of the ideas I hope to write about it-no, I WILL write about- in the near future. I'm trying to reflect on the things that have had the biggest impact on my teaching, and this is what I've come up with so far:

  1. Unpacking the standards
  2. Project Based Learning
  3. Performance Task Assessment
  4. Creating a YAG (Year at a Glance document)
  5. Creating a Scope and Sequence (more detailed, with resources)
  6. Team Teaching and Planning and How it Saved my Life!
  7. Book Review! First up: Mindset by Carol Dweck
  8. PLC ideas I have for my own campus
  9. What is Differentiated PD?
  10. How and Why I set up my classroom
  11. Peer Coaching-the dream job
  12. A review of an online Math class from Stanford professory Jo Boaler
  13. What is CGI Math?
  14. Number Talks
  15. Math Intervention Steps and Tools
That's a pretty good start, huh? Especially since my goal is to blog once a week. Things will surely arise as the year begins this fall, but I am overwhelmed by this list-it represents everything I've learned just in the last 12 months!! 

I'm excited about this next year's potential. I'm ready to try new things. Call me Mrs. Frizzle, because I'm ready to TAKE CHANCES, MAKE MISTAKES, and GET MESSY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laying a Foundation with Kagan Heterogeneous Seating Groups

Be Flexible...Beyond the Workshop Model

#IMMOOC Dive Under the Iceberg